Amazon Handmade, Seattle, WA (05/17 - present)
Senior UX Manager
Audible (an Amazon company), Boston, MA (04/15 - 05/17)
- Lead design and integration of the Audible experience onto Amazon Fire devices
- Collaborate with Amazon partners on device integration
- Manage team of 3 product designers
Senior Product Designer
Blackboard, Boston, MA (08/14 - 04/15)
- Led experience design initiatives for LMS software
- Organized research initiatives
- Led cross-functional team towards design implementation
Senior User Experience Designer
Connective DX, Boston, MA (01/13 - 08/14)
- Experience Design lead for a variety of B2C and B2B clients
- Led project research efforts (wrote research plans, facilitated discovery workshops)
- Worked closely with client and project team to define project strategy
- Managed junior user experience designers
Microsoft/Skype, Cambridge, MA (01/11 - 01/13)
- Led the experience design of GroupChat integration into Lync client application
- Drove consistent conversation experience across all Lync touchpoints
- Collaborated with research team, co-facilitated focus groups and assisted in testing scripts
- Collaborated with cross-product teams on future of collaboration initiative, conducting ethnographic research
- Mentored junior product designers
Senior User Experience Designer
Amazon.com, Seattle WA (06/10-01/11)
- Created the user experience vision and visual language for kindle.amazon.com.
- Led group of seven engineers in UI design implementation.
- Collaborated across the org to establish a consistent brand experience for kindle.amazon.com.
Interactive Art Director/UX Designer, Contractor
Microsoft, Unified Communications, Cambridge, MA (09/09 - 06/10)
- Led the redesign of a server application, transitioning from desktop to a web application.
- Managed a development and test team in the design implementation, traveling to China to work onsite.
- Established strong relationships between Development and Design by including developers early in the process and fostering cross-group collaboration.
User Experience/Art Director Consultant
MonkeyShine Media (09/98 - 06/10)
- Consulted with clients on social media strategy.
- Advised on content strategy (wrote and edited copy).
- Provided creative direction for in-house designers and vendors.
- Created research plans and coordinated user testing
- Built clickable HTML prototypes for testing.
- Primarily worked with startups (Pawspot) and healthcare (Sermo) clients.
BigBad, Inc. Interactive Agency, Boston, MA (02/08 - 03/09)
- Led interactive projects and worked directly with clients.
- Facilitated brand workshops, research, and defined creative strategy.
- Established strong, collaborative relationships with clients, which helped define successful outcomes.
- Directed other designers, worked collaboratively with a team of information architects, strategists, and developers.
Senior Visual Designer
Molecular/Isobar, Watertown, MA (03/07 - 03/08)
- Visual design lead on complex interactive projects.
- Wrote creative briefs, facilitated brand workshops, and mentored junior designers.
- Challenged design process and drove a new process that better aligned teams and brought clients in as a collaborators.
Nashville Public Television, Nashville, TN (06/04 - 03/06)
- Interaction design and art director of award-winning documentary companion sites.
- Front-end development
- Design of lower-third graphics
Bottlecap Studios Interactive Agency, Boston, MA (12/00 - 06/02)
- Visual design of websites
- Copywriting and editing of content
Cornish College for the Art
Creative Writing & Literature
Harvard University Extension School
Memberships & Awards
Member, former VP of Communications
Regional Emmy 2005
Nominated for: The Ryman - Mother Church of Country Music
- Experience Design and Strategy
- Product Design
- Design Management
- Content Strategy
- Cross-platform Design
- Creative Direction
- Process Management
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- User Research (qualitative and quantitative/analytics)
- Usability/User Testing